HOW DO I JOIN?
- Download and print the Membership Application Form.
Then mail the completed form with your membership fee to the following address:
SCOS c/o Ed Harris
2027 Cheltenham Lane
Columbia, SC 29223
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF JOINING?
- Learn How to Grow Orchids
If you want to learn how to grow orchids, there's no better way to do it! South Carolina Orchid Society meetings feature programs by leading experts on a variety of orchids or orchid related topic and a show table full of beautiful orchids in bloom. There is also a lending library with useful and hard-to-find books and other publications. Plus a wealth of knowledge from from the experieces of all our members.
- Meet Other Orchid Growers
At each meeting you will have the opportunity to meet other orchid growers, many of whom are beginners. Some of our members are experts themselves and have lectured or written on orchids. Others are also photographers, artists, and floral designers interested in orchids!
- Participate in Orchid Events
The South Carolina Orchid Society has an an orchid show the second weekend of each February, just before Valentines Day and an annual picnic and orchid auction around the beginning og May. Both present opportunities to acquire choice orchids and meet with professional orchid growers. In addition, the society participates in many regional orchid shows, sponsors trips to orchid nurseries and member's greenhouses, and occasionally schedules a field trips to see native blooming orchids in their natural habitats!
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
- Annual Individual Membership Dues are only $15.
- Annual Family Membership Dues are only $20.
- Annual Commercial Memberships are only $25.
WHERE ARE THE MEETINGS HELD?
- Meeting Location is in the Garden Club Council of Greater Columbia Building, 1605 Park Circle in Maxcy Gregg Park just off of Pickens Street at the intersection of Blossom Street.